Upcoming PPE Regulation Seminars in China
PPE Regulation Seminar
BTTG™ are holding a series of seminars in China during April 2017:
• Monday 24th April Cypress Hotel, Shanghai,
• Wednesday 26th April Sheraton Hotel, Fuzhou,
• Friday 28th April Sheraton Grand Hotel, Zhengzhou.
The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Directive EC 89/686 will be repealed in April 2018 and replaced by the PPE Regulation (EU 2016/425). BTTGTM are holding a series of seminars in China to help you prepare for and transition to the PPE Regulation. This seminar is an excellent opportunity for you to find out what you need to do and when, and the implications of the PPE Regulation.
What will it cover?
- The latest on the Transition to the PPE Regulation, including an explanation of the timeline
- The new requirements for additional technical documentation
- The new obligations under the Regulation for Manufacturers, Importers and Distributors
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at any PPE manufacturer, importer or distributor wishing to know what will be required of them during the transition to the PPE Regulation and beyond.
Why should I attend?
- To learn about the new PPE Regulation
- To understand the main changes and latest interpretations
- To help prepare you for the biggest change in PPE Regulation in almost 20 years – what do you need to do and when
The one day workshop will give delegates the opportunity to speak directly with our technical expert Chris Butcher. Since 2008 Chris has been Convenor of VG5 Notified Bodies Group for Clothing and Gloves and is also an active member of several British Standard committees for protective clothing.
Chris Butcher has worked for BTTG™ for more than 25 years, originally in the Electrostatics and Textiles laboratories and then in Certification Services. Chris has been PPE Certification Manager since 2007.
The workshop will begin by exploring the testing of fabrics and CE marking of Protective Garments in relation to high visibility, Heat and Flame and Electric Arc, Anti-static, and Chemical protection. Our Country Manager, Wendy Wang, will speak further on the services offered by our team in China, and to allow you to learn more about our business, the development of our brands: BTTGTM and Shirley®, and to look forward to celebrating a century serving the textile industries.
The agenda is:
11:45-12:00 Q & A
16:45-17:00 Q & A