BTTG™T requires a Technician to work at their fire testing laboratory based in Leeds. The department is responsible for conducting fire tests on upholstered furniture and building products.
Reporting to the Operational Head, the main duties include:
- Preparing test specimens in terms of cutting, bonding, etc.
- Conducting tests and completing laboratory record sheets.
- Recording physical measurements such as thickness and weight.
- Compiling and signing test reports
Applicants must be well organised, meticulous and able to multi-task. The successful candidate will be able to plan work and meet deadlines. It is not necessary to have a technical background but this may be considered to be advantageous.
The applicant should:-
- have the ability to interpret BS, EN or ISO Standards
- have good written English
- be computer literate
- be able to deal with our Clients directly in a professional, efficient and helpful manner
- be able to work individually, or within a group and under their own initiative
The work is repetitive, dirty and smelly by its nature and also requires the use of breathing apparatus. The successful candidate must be prepared to work in such an environment and recognise that coveralls and steel toe capped shoes are required in this laboratory rather than a white coat.
The successful candidate will need to be prepared to adopt a hands on approach and ensure that work is progressed quickly whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality for a safety critical industry.
Shirley® Technologies Limited is primarily involved with the textiles industry and so knowledge of textiles would be advantageous as would previous experience of working in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory.
This is a permanent position and offers benefits including a competitive salary, bonus scheme, health cover and contributory pension scheme.
Please submit your CV to Catherine.Swindells@bttg.co.uk