Shirley® requires a Senior Analyst to work at their Laboratory based in Manchester. The position offers career progression opportunities for a hardworking individual with excellent organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines along with the attributes detailed below:
Details of Role:
- Preparation and analysis of textile and related samples using a variety of wet chemistry methods and a wide range of analytical techniques.
- Method development and maintenance of GC/MS, GC/TQ and LC/DAD/TQ methods.
- Limited client liaison and writing technical reports.
- Preparation and analysis of textile and related samples
- Development and maintenance of GC/MS, GC/TQ and LC/DAD/TQ methods
- Write technical reports as and when required.
- Minimum chemistry qualification BSC degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working within an analytical chemistry department.
- Experience of GC/MS, GC/TQ and LC/DAD/TQ method setup and maintenance is essential.
- Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Thermal desorption GC/MSICP-MS
- ISO 17025
- Experience of textiles and/or related materials (including plastic and metallic)
- Computer software (LIMS, Office, instrument software
Please submit your CV to Catherine.Swindells@bttg.co.uk