Walling and Roofing Membranes
Walling and Roofing membranes are essential items for the construction industry within Europe and the Economic Union. These products must be carefully regulated. The following product specifications have been designed to deal with all aspects relating to the performance of these products.
- EN 13859-1: Flexible sheets for waterproofing. Definitions and characteristics of underlays. Underlays for discontinuous roofing.
- EN 13859-2: Flexible sheets for waterproofing. Definitions and characteristics of underlays. Underlays for walls.
- EN 13984: Flexible sheets for waterproofing. Plastic and rubber vapour control layers. Definitions and characteristics
BTTG™ has the capabilities to perform the tests within these product specifications; enabling us to give detailed feedback to clients on overall performance from simple strength and water hold out tests right through to water vapour transmission properties and FR performance. This enables manufacturers to determine the level of performance the products can meet and thus set guidelines for tolerance.
Testing referenced in these product specifications includes:
- Width, Mass and Thickness (EN 1848-2),
- Reaction to Fire (EN 11925-2),
- Water Penetration Resistance (EN 1928 and EN 13111),
- Water Vapour Transmission (EN 1931 & EN ISO 12572(C)),
- Tensile (EN 12311-2),
- Tear (EN 12310-1),
- Stability (ISO 1107-2),
- Flexibility (EN 1109) and
- Accelerated Ageing to Annex C of the parent standard.
In addition to these test standards we are also able to offer factory audits, ensuring continued compliance and regulation of the materials produced.
For further information please contact Phil Hutchings (email@example.com), alternatively contact Phil on +44 (0) 161 873 6543.